We have over 150 years of combined experience in the specialist area of hand therapy in Western Australia.
Founded in 2004, the Hand & Upper Limb Centre provides best practice therapy, research, support and training for all things hand, wrist and elbow.
Our highly qualified and experienced therapists practice in the non-surgical assessment and management of hand, wrist and elbow injuries and disorders.
Treatment methods include splinting, also known as orthoses, exercise, wound care and other non-invasive techniques, as well as joint mobilisations, stretching, and active and resisted exercises to assist in the recovery from injury, surgical operations and hand disorders.
We work closely with a variety of health professionals, including general practitioners, surgeons, physiotherapists and other allied health professionals, to develop the most suitable program for your injury or condition.
All therapists participate in regular education and professional development to ensure you receive the most up-to-date and evidence based treatment techniques and care.
Common treatments we specialise in:
- Fabrication of custom thermoplastic orthoses, commonly known as same day splints
- Prescription of exercise and strengthening programs for both surgical and non-surgical conditions
- Soft tissue treatment
- Desensitisation for sensitive scars and nerve conditions
- Wound and scar management
- Return to work advice
- Management of oedema (swelling)
- Pain management